Friday, October 7, 2011

To-do list

Sometimes  you feel like you're waiting for your life to get started or for your life to resume. Or for your life to do something else.  Most of the time you have exact control over when you do these things and how, and you can just do them.

Sometimes you are in a foreign country and you have to wait a day or two.

I've been away from my friends in Manila for a couple of days and away from everyone in the US for about 5 weeks. Upon my return to Minnesota, I'm going to:

-Kick it into high gear at work with a list of things to get done and meetings with other people and spreadsheets and problems to solve. I'm excited.  Strangely, yes, I'm excited to go back to work. I will have to spend about an hour organizing my thoughts to see what I remember

-Go to Trivia and see all of our friends
-Pet my dog for a hundred hours and give him all the kisses in the world
-Complete the expense report for all cash transactions from work. Sadly,this is hard to do because there were so very many cash transactions since no place will take your debit card here until you spend over 500 pesos, and even then...good luck.
-Complete my expense report for the small incidentals in the hotel, however few they were

-Divide out all of my souvenirs to determine which person should receive which gift
-load all of my photos on to the shutterfly book that I will make for this trip
-cry a lot because I love the people I've met here and I don't know how I'll react to being at home.
-Dust my house because I'll bet that hasn't been done for awhile
-DRIVE SOMEWHERE.  Will I still know how?
-organize the entire bookshelf and filing cabinet system in the basement
-organize all of the clothes that I have and get rid of them
-See my family down in Iowa and go be a bridesmaid in a great wedding
-walk around Lake Calhoun
-Cheer on Dan for his big 13.1 half marathon
-look at refi options for my mom

No comments:

Post a Comment