Sunday, April 22, 2012

Breakfast & a morning run

Yesterday, I did something that feels like a habit but I still can't really believe it's me.
I woke up, put on running clothes, and went for a light 5 mile jog.

With my doggie, who sniffed an old man's hand and consequently got the old man to scream at us about how rude we are and to say that he didn't like being sniffed.

Old man, you suck. But hey, you made me run a lot faster to get away from you and it made my run a lot better. You still suck, though. I don't often yell at strangers, but I yelled at you. I don't often feel like beating people up, but my adrenaline got me and I'm pretty sure I wanted to beat you up. Suck it, old man dude.

At any rate, I usually plan the run in advance or talk myself into it or stare at the scale in desperation and then run. But this time, I just looked at the clock and felt I had enough time to do it. So I did.


Tina and I took our first Iron Man pre-training photo. She has an iron man coach and I have....somehow been dragged along to potentially do a triathalon iron man in 2013. Ummmm, ok! I said I would do it as long as I wasn't pregnant, and I think by now we know that's probably just not going to happen. (Which is actually OK, because the alternative of adopting is much more likely!)

At any rate, today is a 10 mile run instead. Miles 1-3 are the worst, but once I get into a nice groove, it feels great.  I ALMOST want to run another marathon--but that's an ALMOST.

No comments:

Post a Comment