Monday, November 1, 2010

Lord Jesus Saves

Your balls for later.

This sign cracked me up. "Scenic view from Lake Nokomis: Lord Jesus Saves!
Your balls for later. "

The lake was beautiful and peaceful, the best place to get away without leaving the city, yadda yadda. If I inherit, (not likely with my dad's second marriage) I would love to move there.

On the way home, we plotted what to do for our 6th anniversary and Dan's mother's need for us to come to her place to clean on our 6th anniversary. I think we worked out a solution. We were going to go back, help her clean, then escape to the jacuzzi romance package at the hotel we went to after our wedding. Then Molly Maids arrived for her, thus we could go back next weekend instead for the requisite grocery shopping and house-cleaning helping visit. So we might be able to rent a cabin, watch movies, have tons and tons of sex while eating chocolate covered brownies by the lake in Minnesota instead. Happy 6th Anniversary to us.

I gotta say, I'm nervous about marriage in general right now. I had a conversation with some family about my aunt: she's getting divorced. He was always kind of a jerk (ok, really a jerk!) but we figured that his recovery from alcoholism was a good step in the right direction. My aunt gave him another chance several years ago, and he seemed to be ok. He still was completely unsupportive of her animal love and sat impassively at the TV while Geri, Dan and I tried to help her with a convulsing Cowboy doggie, but he came to family gatherings and said fond words about my sister and my grandma at her funeral. My grandma always made it clear when he was being an ass and I am sure she might be semi-relieved to see this marriage end. But it also has bad results for my aunt. This time, my uncle came home with a new truck, new swimming trunks that his "sister" gave him. Except it turns out his sister was really his mistress and thus continues on that cycle of an affair and selling the house, boarding or selling the horses, getting rid of the 4 wheeler, etc. Just seems like it doesn't have to go this way for EVERY woman in my family, right? Am I just biding my time until my marriage unravels in front of me, and I'm left trying to scrape together my life at age 54 instead of retiring....

No comments:

Post a Comment