Wednesday, November 10, 2010

More on Lake Superior




Here we are, in our weekend at the lake. On Sunday, I woke us up in time to see the sunrise. It was literally perfect timing, about 5 minutes after we went outside, the sun started to blaze across the lake and right into our room. I grabbed a blanket and walked down to the shore and Dan eventually crawled out of bed and came down, too.
Then we took a hike to the river, napped in the sun, watched the stars on the back porch, sat in the hot tub, took a jacuzzi bath, swam in the pool, sat in the sauna and had delightful entertainment together while renting a movie, and none of those events were in order.

In the guest book in our room, everyone has commented about how restive and healing their week(end) at the lake has been for them.  I'm a convert to the North Shore. I guess I've just had so many good memories at lake and river houses, that I really want to bring my whole family there, make strawberry shortcake, play cards and heaven help us, but I want to swim in the lake. This is why wetsuits exist.  So, anyone want to come for New Year's?

1 comment:

  1. restive |ˈrestiv|
    adjective
    (of a person) unable to keep still or silent and becoming increasingly difficult to control, esp. because of impatience, dissatisfaction, or boredom.

    ReplyDelete