Sunday, September 18, 2011

My reply (Note how the writer spelled my name incorrectly in the last post)

an, I never knew my Dad would spell my name wrong. Are you sure this
is my Dad? The dad I know is very careful with spelling and absolutely
knows how to spell my name properly.

I am sorry that I posted on facebook the text message that Bonnie sent
to Jade about Jade not being your real child. I hope she wants to
apologize to Jade for even sending it in the first place. It's
exceptionally sick to say something like that to Bonnie.

I'm sorry my friends said they wanted to punch Bonnie, but I didn't
say those things and I don't need to apologize for them. I think
you're just seeing a generational gap in what's a joke on facebook.
Bonnie told me by text that she was pregnant--and that's a lie. Does
she want to aplogize for lying to me?

I think you were just looking for an excuse to cut me out of your
life. I think you made the wrong choice. I guess you don't want to
hear it and you want to imagine your life differently. I'll just
remind you of the facts: I supported you during the divorce, I
defended you to every single member of the family, I bought you a
wedding present when you got married, I met your new girlfriend and
bought her lunch and let her into our lives with Dan.  You think that
I'm not being decent to her, but I haven't even done anything or seen
her at all.

Instead, you cut me out of your family plans for Christmas and
Thanksgiving. You said I was using you when we visited for our 10 year
HS reunion. I just don't understand, but I know it's because Bonnie
just wants to imagine that her kids are yours and doesn't care that
you already have children.

Again, I wanted to emphasize the signs of a controlling and
manipulative relationship:

Are your family relationships suddenly filled with tension, every time
your partner's name comes up? *Red flags should go up if everyone who
cares about you is getting worried or is being pushed away.*

Watch out for subtle discrepancies. When talking with mutual friends,
have they ever said something about your new boyfriend that made you
stop and say, "Huh? But he said something different to me... You can't
have understood that right." Did you then dismiss the idea that what
your friends heard could have actually been true? That's a big red
flag. When you're being controlled or manipulated, it's usually
through half-truths or omissions, not outright lies. There's just
enough weirdness to make you stop and think, but not quite enough to
get you to re-evaluate the entire relationship.

Recognize excessive jealousy or possessiveness as a danger signal. If
your partner is protective of you, that's sweet. If he's bizarrely,
overly protective, it's scary.

A controlling partner will treat your friends with disrespect - your
friends will report rude remarks made behind your back, or you will
actually see her treat them in a dismissive way.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment