Sunday, September 18, 2011

My response.

Why do you feel the need to write off your children so quickly? I'm
really sorry for *******. But I don't think you needed to
lie to me about it or somehow insinuate that I had anything to do with
it. Why not just mention that yes, *********?
Why act like I made up the entire story or that it wasn't true? Why
even tell Grandpa that it wasn't true?

I understand that you're upset and I certainly don't want to make you
even angrier, but I still don't understand why you think not
contacting your kids or being in their lives in a good idea. What have
I done to make you feel this way? Dan and I did everything to be
supportive. Why cut Greg out of your life? Why cut Jade and Ryan out?
Is it really worth it to you? I can't possibly imagine a situation in
my life where I could *EVER* cut a family member out of my life. I
don't understand how you can. I mean, (really personal shit that I can't post here) and I still talk to
her because I realize that people make mistakes and move on. People
are greater than the sum of their worst act, if you believe in Christ.
 Please reevaluate what you're doing. Dan and I keep losing family
members, every year someone close to us dies and every time it
happens, our family shrinks. I can't imagine wanting to cut out a
living family member like this. It hurts too much when they actually
die and it really is time that you don't get back.   I'm absolutely
willing to go to any kind of family counseling to repair this
relationship. What I'm not willing to do is let any kind of stubborn
sense of pride let you continue to pretend like I'm dead. I'm a
living, breathing person that you raised. Why throw that all away?

No comments:

Post a Comment