Sunday, December 11, 2011

First time for repeating yourself

This weekend I was in a mosh pit. While it surprised an old friend, it wasn't my first or second or even third time doing so. Maybe it was my 4th. Sadly it was short lived as I fell quite hard on my left knee.  Big bruise photo to follow soon, of course.  I can still walk and everything, but it was swollen and painful enough today that running wasn't an option at all.

I can't express how lovely this weekend was. I had the holidazzle parade on Friday night where we collected $$ before the parade for the Emergency Food Pantry. Squeezed in a few minutes at the bar with Kaili, Dave and Brian.  Mexican dinner to follow with Kari, Dave, Megan, Mike and Dan.  Then I crashed at home instead of going to Stephanie's party while I waited for Dan's show to end. Saturday we continued demolition of the planter, went out with Mark, Mark, Liz, Sarah and Bith.  Then we went to the Pantera tribute show, moshed, met up with Beckah, Smallz, Schlomer and more of their friends. Stayed up until 4 AM, went back for more drinks at the VFW and then came home, slept and played games with Kassi.

I know no one cares who I was with or where I was, but it was lovely to be with so many old college friends.  I'm glad we moved away and found new stuff, but it's also really good to be back with people who know you and remember every stupid story from 5-6 years ago and catch up on people's lives.

No, I didn't do the laundry or much cleaning. I didn't do the Christmas shopping that I'd expected. But we know I wasn't going to

No comments:

Post a Comment