Sunday, June 6, 2010

Portland

Portland was great. Looking at our photos makes me sad that we're back. The room was a suite in a central part of downtown, with a beautiful view and a great king sized bed. We went with really nice friends, met more friends of ours there, ate lobsters, oysters, donuts de Voodoo, and some other restaurant that I can't remember.
We bought books and idolized Powell's, saw the most beautiful water falls and scenery ever, visited the Chinese Gardens, toured the city, saw the bar that our friend just opened, finally met Darryl, played and drank at an arcade/bar, ate Bulkogi at a food cart, and best of all, went Whitewater Rafting.

In the end, I determined that I'm not really interested in living in Portland for life. It would be a nice change of pace and was reassuring that the suburbs even cater to pedestrians, just like the city does, but there were far too many homeless people wandering the streets and I'm pretty sure that we'd never be able to buy a house there, and in the end, it would probably just be too far from family. Plus, I hate to say this, but our art museum is better than theirs. Of course, the Portland exhibit didn't have any temporary exhibits while we were there, and I will say that their R. Crumb comic exhibit of Genesis is something I'd definitely go to see.

Anyway, here are some great photos from the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment