Sunday, October 3, 2010

NPR's short fiction contest

NPR is having a short fiction contest right now. In fact, it's too late to enter, but I kinda want to do my own experiment with it. University of Iowa creative writing grad students are the judges.

The contest must start with this:
"Some people said the house was haunted..."
and end with
"Things would never be the same."

Entries must be 2-3 minutes long and read on the radio. I guess over 5K people have submitted thus far, and UIowa grad students having a great time with the entries. I'm digging it, I'm wishing that I was one of their students, emailing submissions back and forth, and laughing.

Writing is hard work. I have to block out some serious time to develop anything better than these lame blog entries. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment