Friday, January 7, 2011

Sick day, please?

Your sick days at work should be saved for those days in the middle of tax season when you're completely drained & everyone else has already called in sick once, so you're not shirking your work when you do it.
They shouldn't be used for days when you're training new people with 2 uber-tough men that hardly ever call in sick, even when they have pneumonia or holes in their lungs. Especially when the day ends with Jeopardy gameshow powerpoint.

Thus I dragged my sorry self into work today. I'm glad that I didn't break down in tears, beg someone to drive me to the busstop, or beg Dan to come pick me up, especially since he's feeling equally sick. I found out that I'll have my 4th new manager in a year, though not because anyone has left, but because we keep hiring more new managers. I also managed to survive grocery shopping, carrying the groceries up 5 flights of stairs because the elevator wasn't working, and then collapsing into a chair to write this. Alas, I can manage no more, even though I have 24 pages of work left to enter by Monday and a long tax meeting tomorrow. I am going to stop whining before I cross the point of no return.

No comments:

Post a Comment