Sunday, February 13, 2011

Durwin Rice for 3rd district rep in Kansas City

We met Durwin Rice briefly at an art gallery that one of our neighbors owns. I blogged about it on my other site a few years ago, as the evening is still a warm memory from our time in KC. Without boring everyone with a recount of that event, I will instead shamelessly invite other people to support Durwin in his bid for 3rd district Kansas City city council seat in the race this fall.


Durwin has a sincere approach to restoring the urban core and is a very hard worker. I just donated some money to his candidacy as I've seen the work that he does positively affect our neighborhood. The tulip planting brings people to Troost and shows them that it's not a terrible place to live or visit and that economic and private investment is exactly the thing that will change the city.  Durwin himself has restored a building on 44th and Troost, literally by hand.  I think every 3rd district candidate understands the third district's needs, but I think Durwin will do the best as he has a proven track record of bringing private money to the area.

On a side note, the message in this blog doesn't represent Durwin and I posted this out of my own free will, not because someone told me to do it or any other stupid shizzle like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment