Thursday, May 24, 2012

Taper: Double begin

Yeah, ok. I really really am tapering now.
This week, all I did was play Ultimate Frisbee, kickball, did a spin class where I didn't gear up at all for any of the hills and a pretty easy morning class today.
So yeah, ready for this race.

It's going to be 86 degrees outside at a minimum during the race, so I am realizing now that my hopes and dreams of a short time are less likely--it will just depend on how well I hope up under the heat. Most of the training was in colder weather, so it will be hard to fight this heat.

I have my lucky shirt, my lucky shorts, my forerunner, spibelt, socks, mostly-trusty running shoes... and...well, that's it.

After this race, there are 42oz beers, a hot tub and some of our nicest friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment