Thursday, June 21, 2012

Comedy night

I love my coworkers. On ocassion, I forget that somehow the people working at my firm either have more in common with me than expected or we just get along better than expected. At any rate,  we went to happy hour last night at a bar offering comedy club Wednesday. The comedy was pretty funny, the service was good and I was able to catch up on my old department. Sometimes I miss the old department, even though the new job is fun.

So anyway, I skipped my workout to go to happy hour, which isn't a healthy decision by any means at all. I was going to walk and bike outside after HH, but it was raining. BOOOOOOOO, rain.  Instead I napped and read more of "Let the Great World Spin."

I'm about to give up on that book in a few more sessions simply because I don't care about the characters anymore and I am annoyed that present day novelists find it easier to tell 10 character's stories in 200 pages instead of 1. Perhaps storytelling has just evolved this way, because it seems to be everpresent in the literature we see. Perhaps I should just give up on fiction entirely!

The point though, of this blog, is that I didn't do any exercise. I ate junk for happy hour and woke up weighing the same as I did yesterday.  How I wish for explanations.

No comments:

Post a Comment