Monday, June 4, 2012

Triathalon Results

LocationRace TimeTime of Day



Run 34:45 11:12:30



TRN2 1:52 10:37:45



Bike 56:12 10:35:54



TRN1 4:33 9:39:42



Swim 12:39 9:35:09



GunStart 00:00 9:22:31



These aren't amazing times, but still well under 2 hours. Tina beat my bike time by almost 10 minutes, which is great. Thus, she beat my overall time, too.  My swim is pretty slow--I was going perpendicular to the course for a bit, but have some plans to do the outdoor free swim in a bit.

This triathalon was pretty hard.  None of it was physical, but it was scary to not know what to expect, to be there mostly alone (Tina's in a different wave and age group and everything) and to be swimming in the water while realizing that I really suck at it.

Another firsttimer in my age group was nearly 15 minutes faster than me. It's pretty easy to do, shave a few minutes off the swim and shave 10 or 15 minutes off the bike, and voila! Next year, I will be much better.

I will not race again on a hybrid bike. I dont want to say it was an entire disaster, but I was 't happy with my gearring--my hardest gear was not hard enough and over half of them are too easy. I hear it's easy to change out the gears on a bike, though, so I look forward to that moment. 

There's also a few other things making my tri slower--but not worth going into on this board--just a lot of mental blocks right now.  Or maybe they're physical?

No comments:

Post a Comment