Saturday, June 23, 2012

Peaceful Dream

Sometimes we have dreams entirely comprised of peaceful moments. I magically had one last night--while I'm not superstitious and don't believe in spirits (much), I sometimes think the dead come to visit you in a dream, every once in awhile.

My grandma came to visit last night, or at least, her house did. I was living in the house with 4 friends and got to choose which bedroom I wanted to stay in. All of the bedrooms were full of items belonging to my grandmother and it was a charming moment to determine which one I wanted to stay in, each surrounded by the beautiful artifacts of the person she was. It wasn't sad, though, it was just full of my grandmother's love for us, the fact that she wanted to care for us a great deal.

In the end, I couldn't choose which room was best because I wanted to pick pieces from all of the rooms to combine into one.

And then I woke up, contented. Thanks Grandma, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment