Saturday, August 28, 2010

Lake, summer, work

I went swimming last night at the lake, had some drinks, sat in the hottub.
Went swimming today at my friend's pool, had only 1 drink, sat in the hottub.

We discussed biodiversity a bit and how to promote non-engineered bio diverse crops. Seems no one had any real ideas. Sometimes I do wish to tell the federal government how to behave. "End or modify agricultral subsidies." "Make your federal employees document the amount of work they are doing each week and if no one is using their work or if they're just incompetent jackoffs collecting paychecks, fire them and hire someone else who will actually try!"

But at any rate, that has nothing to do with swimming. I might go out to the lake again tomorrow, just because lakes are wonderful and so is swimming. Hoping to stop drinking so much though. 3-4 times a week is probably more than I need. This week I drank at trivia, drank at my work dinner, drank at the lake, and just stopped myself from doing it tonight.

Met my new boss at the work dinner and I think she and I can get along pretty well. In fact, I think that I can get along with nearly all of my new bosses since I won't see them very often. I'm working overtime for the next two weeks and I look forward to it after getting the promotion. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment