Sunday, August 22, 2010

Vacation at rest

Ever read all of the John Updike Rabbit books? Me either. But I wanted to write Vacation: redux
or Vacation: at rest
or maybe, Vacation: remembered

It would be nice to see how those books go at some point. I know Rabbit: Run is the best. Some friends of mine love them. I sorta think John Updike is a bit too last generation for me, but who knows.

We spent the first part of our vacation at a class reunion. It was mostly like cramming 100 people you went to HS with into a bar and drinking. Tons of faces I didn't recognize. Would not recommend this to others debating about whether or not to go. Our class did not have much cohesion and our class did have a lot of yuppies. Not much has changed, and it's neither good nor bad, just highschool.

Then we did some other stuff in DBQ with family. Visited my grandma's grave, rode the 4th street elevator and ate a nice dinner on the river. I should have talked louder for my grandpa, because he couldn't hear me well and now I feel bad.

Now, now, now, we have returned to finish the bathroom and clean the house like crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment