Saturday, August 21, 2010

Paint

I'm on a mission to find a cream colored paint can from Sears. Bought Habitat's for Humanity Restore's last can and it has NEARLY covered all of our room. Hoping to get another store to match it as close as possible. Sears donated all of their paint to Habitat Restore, so I am pretty much hoping the two slightly different cream colors will not be a problem.

Habitat has some awesome stuff--a $250.00 antique chandelier that matches our woodwork. Tempting, tempting, tempting.

Last night we went out for dessert unexpectedly at Brio with some Kansans. One of them actually said that poor people were lazy and he was being punished for working hard by the government. This is the second time in 2 week that I've had Kansans bitch about the liberal government and taxes. I bite my tongue each time, I bite my tongue. The complainer literally didn't know what WIC was. Then they bashed my neighborhood a bit, which is very insulting. HOwever, some people just don't realize when they're saying something rude and since there was no malice behind it, I brushed it off, as one should.

Thank god we have so many other liberal friends. I wish I knew why I remained so quiet instead of speaking out. Perhaps cowardice? Perhaps because I can only supply anecdotal evidence?

Tonight is my friend's retirement party. He devoted his career to alcohol and drug rehab options for addicts as the director of a non-profit organization and now he's devoting his retirement to PIAC and neighborhood planning/zoning meetings. He and his wife work so very hard and I sincerely doubt they believe the government is punishing them for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment