Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Hunger Games

Mentioned it before, but man, these books are awesome. It's a trilogy for young adults, but I think actual adults will like it quite a bit. A girl living in the future version of Appalachia participates in the new society's annual ritual: 1 boy and 1 girl from each of the 12 districts in the country must go into a man-made arena and fight to the death. The winner gets fame, fortune, and an awesome way out of poverty. But it's not like survivor, it's more like The Giver or another negative utopia that draws you in. I was worried that it would be gory, brutal and disgusting, but the deaths are mostly glossed over, luckily. It's awesome, and I think I finished all 3 in about 10 days.

If you rent or check out these books, you won't put them down. Be prepared to have a second Harry Potter level of engrossment.

Speaking o Harry Potter: Our Manila employees all had to have the Friday after Thanksgiving off because they all wanted to go see Harry Potter 7. 

I'm sort of torn. At first, I wanted to go to Manila. Then I didn't want to go, because it's really, really stressful and you work in the middle of the night, away from your family for 6 weeks.
But now I am going back to wanting to do it. Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment