Monday, December 27, 2010

This is the year

I swear, the year 2011 will be the year that many of our remaining single friends get married. It will also be the year that many other people make their turn into age 30, with fabulous parties and celebrations.

My guess is that most of us will be so inebriated we can't remember most of 2011, which is just how I hope it works.

The white german shepherd was put to sleep today. I'm definitely still in shock. I knew it was going to happen at some point, so I tried to prepare myself for it, but I am definitely afraid to face it. The white baby has been part of our family for 10 years and we had her with us for the last 4 weeks. I took her on her last walk, played the last games with her, gave her the last treats. I can't really believe this is it, that I didnt get to say goodbye or give her a final pet. I didnt even give her a normal goodbye because I thought I'd see her in the next week.
 This is how it always goes, the casual goodbyes with the creatures you love! We must all cherish each moment, truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment