Thursday, March 10, 2011

Keeping up with the Joneziz

Monday was awesome: Jim and Amy came over, newly engaged, full of good couples stories and fun board games

Tuesday was also awesome: GIRLTALK. It's the best expression of being alive, dancing, confetti, balloons, foam shit, toiletpaper rolls, drinks and staying out until 2 am on a weeknight.

Wednesday night was awesome: I crashed a company dinner and pretended like I  worked in the field while meeting a bunch of the staff from around the country face to face. It was so nice to finally meet people that we've been talking to for the past several years. And it was crazy to realize that I'm hitting the 5 year mark next year. WOw.

Thursday: TERRIBLE. Homeowner's Insurance went up as expected, raising the escrow. I had an intense wash sale calc that I couldn't figure out and a bunch of other shit that I didn't have time to figure out or work on. At the end of the day, they dropped the political contribution bombs on me. I can't donate my time, money or anything to PACs or candidates without preapproval, in writing, which is completely crazy.  I slipped on the ice on the way to the bus, developed a massive headache and finally got the email I've been waiting for from my Dad, which of course, was unhelpful. Did I mention that I woke from a weird dream this morning, too? I had moved to Dubuque, it flooded and a person that I was seeking solace from was there, but wouldn't let me visit. I know why this nightmare happened: yesterday was my grandma's 81st birthday, but I forced myself not to think about it yesterday. Ooh, also, we wake up extra early on Thursdays for a teleconference that didn't happen today. I sure wish I'd stayed in bed for the extra hour. But we celebrate by playing really loud Ben Folds covers and mocking each other's dance moves.

At any rate, this is another blog entry where I tell you that it's much easier to complain about the one bad day in the week than the 3 good days. Sooooo stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment