Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Posting about summer

I think I have to keep posting about summer to remind myself that there's life after tax season.  One woman just quit because it was too hard. She's only 23 and just got married to a rich guy that said it wasn't worth it for her to work when she could stay home and save her sanity plus the lower cost of daycare.
Everyone under the age of 40 said we envied her in some way or another. I also realized that every woman that works with me up in MN has cried by now, so I feel some kind of validation for crying last year during tax season. Life at work has changed a lot, again, with another director getting promoted to Vice President and another job opening up. It's looking good for my next promotion, so keep your fingers crossed for me. Of course, I won't be a director or a vice president yet, but we will hope for some incremental steps up.

I'm reading the book Final Cut right now, it's brushing over the history of film way too quickly for me to remember the consequential details. But one part they didmention was that in the 1900s, income tax was only 6% and the cost of living was low in Hollywood and your money could buy anything. So I guess if you started with lots of money in the early 1910s and took care of it, you could come out on top for generations to come. Until you make one really shitty movie called Final Cut.


 Last week at this time, I told myself that I was just going to ignore my stupid family for awhile. Today, already, I miss them. I've been missing them for a couple of days, but now I want to run back and say "I'm sorry!" Even when there's nothing to be sorry for.  I guess this is normal.
Dan's mom is coming up this weekend and we're taking her to the drunk spelling bee. I am sure she'll love it. Right now, I should be cleaning the apartment for her, but sitting down after an 11 hour day is much preferable.

No comments:

Post a Comment