Sunday, April 3, 2011

Yeah, it's here. Yeah, yeah, yeah

The snow is mostly gone. I can run outside now. And I can bike outside....which means GOODBYE CAR!

Unless it's raining or so windy I will die, I have figured that I can bike to the transit center (only 1.5 miles away) and take the bus to the city and then bike back to the apartment. This was long our goal, to live car free, and it's going to be real. Dan can bike into work now, too. So I'm connecting our tires and checking the pressure and off we'll go.


So anyway, we went to the drunk spelling bee. Dan's mom spelled Citrine and then in round 4 was knocked out by Rocquille or some word similar to it that isn't spelled R-O-Q-U-E-T-T-E.
Dan and Kari got KOed in round 3, though Dan was one letter off and poor Kari got a word that was F-U-H or something so easy that it's deceptively simple.Spelling bee was at the 3-3-1 Lounge, which I decided is my official favorite bar, should I ever manage to get there with my ID and money again.

We also spent a ton of time at Ikea and MOA. I bought some pillows that decreased in price and noticed at least 3 other women buying them, so they'll soon be on their way to a home near you.  We dress shopped like crazy at MOA.  Dan's mom  has a wedding on New Year's Eve 2012 but wanted to shop in a bigger city. We found several that ALMOST fit, she wasn't quite ready to fork out $150 for a dress yet. But her event is months away, so she can wait for awhile. She recently lost a lot of weight, but she's in the in-between sizes now, where she can't quite find something contemporary enough in the regular sizes and doesn't want to wear something old and formidable, either. Quite by surprise, I found a fuchsia dress at Bloomingdales with clever and forgiving cut. I might look like a pink snowball while wearing it, but what the hell....

No comments:

Post a Comment