Sunday, April 10, 2011

Swimming suits and scales

These are every woman's favorite things, right? I mean, who doesn't love standing on the scale to see a 10 lb weight gain?After the scale said Dan gained 10 lbs, we decided it was time to retire that scale. The new scale from Target gives a  more accurate number, to our great relief.

On a side note, in our building, if you don't want something, you just place it in the space near the elevator and it finds a new home. I found a shoe rack this way and gave away our scale and a gray sweatshirt that I never wore. People even put food out there. The other weird thing about our building is that Dan and I have twice this week lumped into an elevator with several other people on their way to a potluck with their food uncovered. The food smells good, but I keep wondering why everyone is out of tinfoil or lids.  It is almost the same as living in 263 in Ames, where the place constantly smelled like curry and everyone was speaking hindi. Except here it's lots of beef ribs and everyone speaks Spanish.



Anyway, I mentioned before that my swimming suits were stolen, including the $70 suit that I bought in the northland after forgetting mine on our anniversary weekend. This completely sucks, but I do have to go out and get a new swimming suit soon. It's land of the 10,000 lakes, and heaven help me if I'm not in the water at least 20 times this summer. I'll put that out there as my goal and hope that it happens.

Another side note: I am debating whether or not to fork over the money to fly my friend out to MSP for a week or two. One one hand, it's a lot of money to spend on a trip that I'm not taking. On the other hand, she really needs to get out of her current situation and point-blank said she doesnt have the strength to do it. Should I help?

No comments:

Post a Comment