Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter in Review

Today I'm making banana bread with chocolate chips, couscous with chicken and tomatoes and curry, bananas dipped in chocolate and the bestest creamed potatoes.
Today I'm basically wishing that I was in Cedar Rapids, with my family. In 2009, we had a huge Easter gathering and all of us played baseball, including my 80 year old grandfather. He still has a full head of dark black hair as he raced around the bases. We even tried to  run the bases  Babe Ruth style for him, but he wouldn't let us. We took a long hike to the river and played iwth the dogs, it was a beautiful and warm day.

Today I'm also wishing that I was in Kansas City for the big Easter Egg hunt this year. If I hadn't left, I would have been the Easter Bunny. For real. Thousands (literally) of kids would have sat on my lap while I smiled and talked about being the Easter Bunny.


Today I am also trying really hard to be OK. My friend who has been quarreling with her dad received a call from him today, and they apologized and were very sweet to her. Their argument was less severe, and I'm glad for her. But I can't stop thinking about our last Easter together as a family, when we knew things were surely going to hell in a handbasket as fast as they could, but we were going to pretend anyway.

Today,  I'm wishing you the very best, because that's all that anyone can ask for. Jesus Christ, Superstar.

No comments:

Post a Comment