Friday, April 15, 2011

The Paul Bunyan Log Ride

As you know, I've been wanting to ride this for awhile. It's pretty expensive to ride on weekends at MOA and the line is always very, very long. I've ridden some other rides, like the Avatar Air Bender but finally, finally, finally got to ride on Paul Bunyan again. First time I've done it since I was a kid. 
I also was able to see Shannon and Dan in action with the twins and Anna. The twins have grown into two quiet 6 month olds that will stare at anything for hours. If only I'd had my camera....

It was hard to realize that we were out and about with a 3 year old and two 6 month old babies with a giant stroller at Mall of America.  Shannon seems to be the most capable mother ever. There was no bickering between the two of them as they got their kids ready and into the baby slings, no extreme fussing from the babies, and eating dinner in the mall food court was a piece of cake. I guess she makes parenthood seem like  a piece of cake. Of course it will be harder and crazier once the twins are 3 and Anna is 6, but for now, I'm really glad we got together. Somehow, I still remember seeing Shannon at the pool in 7th grade, swimming laps determinedly. If only I was as smart and down to earth as she....

No comments:

Post a Comment