Sunday, August 7, 2011

Visa status: Completed

Visa request: made. It's in the envelope and about to leave on me on Monday. Good bye, passport. I'll see it in a few weeks. It should be back by the time I leave. We bought our suitcases at MOA on Thursday night after I bought my cousin's bridal shower, bachelorette party present and wedding gift. She hadn't registered anywhere yet, so I was just a bit over the top. I bought weird things that I wasn't sure anyone would like but looked pretty. I let my guilt guide me more than anything, feeling so bad that I'm missing all 3 weddings I was invited to this year, but also the one where my presence would actually be truly missed: the part where I was a bridesmaid.


So anyway, it was kind of a tough week. The market bounced all over, I had another heart attack with an option spread entered incorrectly, but we saved it. The house close got officially moved up, I had a second week of phone lab with new hires and basically the stress of the trip and guilt over stuff with my Dad overwhelmed me after I talked to my grandpa. My grandpa's girlfriend died and thus we had a long conversation, where I mentioned my Dad at the end.  My grandpa said "Your dad is just sick that no one wants anything to do with him." Uhh. yeah. Except for that whole part where he has completely ignored us....

I found out that my dad and new wife almost got married on December 7th of 2009.  Yeah. 2009. Uhh. yeah.  I hope that information was mostly unreliable, but really, I know that it's true. He was in Vegas that weekend for his 50th birthday and............... they were planning on getting married.
 PUKE.

Anyway, this week will be stressful. I am going to make it, though. It's great to be excited because of happy things in our lives, like a nice trip and a house closing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment