Wednesday, March 28, 2012

INTRUDER

Got a dumb email about an intruder in the office today. It was along the lines of "We found an intruder, but he has been turned over to the authorities. No need to worry. Go back to your normal job."

Ok.

I also got a dumb email about not being allowed to use my own personal office chair at work. They assumed that I'd stolen the chair from an executive. Not quite the case, ribman.  The corporate office furniture policeman said they'd done an annual audit and discovered my chair, that I had no medical condition on file for the non-standard chair and therefore, they were taking the chair away from me.
Snarkily, I wrote back and said they'd owe me $400 in cash if they took the chair away, since I brought it from home. After reviewing it with the company safety department, they decided that it was OK for me to continue my use of the chair. Pretty much the dumbest thing ever.

Anyway, I went shopping for wedding attire. I didn't find one dress. I found 4. I didn't find 1 new pair of shoes. I found 3. My friend encouraged me--I bought a very pale dress that's very adorable and only two shades darker than my skin. It's risky.  Probably can't wear it to a family wedding, so I'll save it for the one at the vineyard this summer.  I'm hopeful that after 3 more months of working out, my body will look even better in it.

It's weird to look at your legs in the dressing room. You want to see the muscles that you see after spin class, but in the dressing room, it's all flab instead. You see the dimples of fat. Your stomach bulges. You're even wearing 2 sizes smaller than normal, where did this fat come from?

Blah blah blah.

So anyway, the family wedding this weekend is back in my hometown. I seldomly visit the location but have been able to see some people that I like, old neighbors, old day care providers. It is definitely nice to visit and get a feel for small town Iowa again. 30K people (maybe 100K in the whole Cedar Valley area)  might not seem small to most Iowans, but it's definitely small to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment