Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Or not?

Just when you thought no one had been through the house, someone came through and said it was in their top 3. It was nicer than their top 2, but also more expensive. (so make a lower offer, dude!)

Also, the person was a first time home buyer and worried that the maintenance would be too much.
Me, to my realtor: "What makes our house scream "MAINTENANCE!?" to everyone?"
Realtor: Probably just the pure size of it. You have 3 floors and a basement.
Me: But....but.... it's not *that* big.

It was hard to keep the house clean, but I mostly blame the dog and the fact that we were always traveling out of town on the weekends OR that I was too lazy back then and didn't clean much.

Either way, it is  Tuesday and there are no offers on the house so far. Proceeding with Plan B or whatever it was to keep moving forward with the renters.

We went to the North Shore and got back last night.

We did Yoga, hiking, swimming, hiking again, reading by the lake, drinking tea, watching movies, swimming and I put my legs in the hottub a few times. Dan saunaed for about 45 minutes and we made smores a lot.

I DUNKED into Lake Superior. It was pretty much the only time in my life I can do it, since it's warm this year. Also, I've decided it would be awesome to hike the Superior Trail. It's only 300 miles and thus pretty easy to finish in 20  days or so. I can do it! (some year that isn't this year or next)

Our hiking guide said people often ask "What ocean is this?" when they see Lake Superior. Uhh, where do you think you are, people?
Also, they ask when the deer will grow moose antlers.

We stopped at Betty's Pies on the way home and I enjoyed actually being able to walk this time. We went after Grandma's marathon when everyone was sore and tired. I was sure to tell our friends we were there and bring some pie back for people in MSP.

I was so relaxed at the North Shore. It's starting to be my favorite place--at least, most attainable weekend destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment