Saturday, August 25, 2012

YOGA: Class 2

So I went to my second Yoga class this morning. Dan and I found a place two blocks south of us and one block east, so we ambled there in the morning. I'd really pretty much gotten out of bed, put on some clothes for yoga and brushed my teeth.

Mistake.

You'll note I forgot my water bottle. And I wake up every day feeling pretty dehydrated, so this was a big mistake. Evidently I retain a healthy amount of water, but I definitely retain and can drink a LOT more water than the average person. Ie: I finish long races and still have to go to the bathroom, when most people are salty and looking for water at the end.

Anyway--the class had no AC, it was about 80 outside, and there were 20 people in a room roughly the size of my dining room and living room. No big deal, except that I was planted firmly under a giant light bulb emitting a ton of heat.

So I carried on with the yoga poses. None seemed that hard, but I could not do them. (Note that I did not have this problem last weekend at the resort.) I had to just stop on two of  the poses (BASIC WARRIOR! This is not hard!). I thought I was going to faint about 3 times. I barely walked home with Dan, but made it, ate some breakfast and drank water, and then went back for a nap. I still feel dehydrated and it just blows. How can pregnancy do this one day and not the next? How can I complete spin class on Thursday and feel fine, but I can't stand through the easiest yoga class ever?

Not sure. Needs more water.

At any rate, yesterday we heard the baby's heart beat and the doctor said it was the easiest heartbeat to find all day. 140 bpm. 15 weeks pregnant, 16 weeks tomorrow.
I definitely feel like I'm showing now and there are some skirts that can zip--but barely. My skinnest jeans have no prayer of zipping and my fattest jeans will still zip, but it's only a matter of another week before it's over. :(

I am already a roly-poly, my hips are always the fattest, so while my other friends held out for 20 weeks, I doubt I'll make it that far. But I can wear plenty of skirts until then. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment