Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A girl dragon

Having a baby, it's a girl!

I goofed our ultrasound appointment today. It wasn't at 12:30 PM after all, just 2:30 PM. Talk about  a let down.

But at 2:30, I came back. The ultrasound lady was tired and ready to go home for the day.
Yes, I said, it's my first baby and my first pregnancy.
Great! She said.
Then she jabbed me a bunch of times until we could see everything we wanted. She was pretty active and wiggly, according to both the doctor and the ultrasound lady. I wonder if restless leg syndrome is passed to her genetically?

Then we saw little baby Zebra on the screen, with a brain and a 4 chambered heart, and a little face, 5 fingers and 5 toes on each hand. She had her legs crossed for some of the time, but she is definitely female.

And now I have about 14 photos of arms and legs and head and face. They said this will be my only ultrasound if things go well--but I want to see her again and again and again and again and again.

Instead I bought her a banana outfit.

She weighs 8 oz and I got to skip ahead 5 days of pregnancy. I am officially 18 weeks pregnant according to the clinic and my due date is 2/6/13. But we will hope for 2/2/13, because Groundhog Day is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment