Monday, October 15, 2012

Misc Cebu

The misceallenous things about Cebu :
1) it seemed far less developed than Manila. Hardly any skyscrapers--though I didn't get to go to downtown Cebu
2)The town is a port city and developed because the port there is deep enough for large vessels to go
3)The hotel is/was hands-down better--and a lot of people from the UAE airlines fly through Cebu & stay at the Marriott Cebu.
4)while there were a lot of wild chickens in Manila, there are far more in Cebu
5) I visited the apartment of one of our employees. I wanted to see what it's like for a young employee in a third world country. The apartment was just a room facing a common atrium, where ppl hang their laundry and raise chicken. No AC. No water. One small fridge. A couple of beds, because she shares it with her sister.

So now I know.

In Cebu, I felt guilty for using the rep's videogame card and for not having anything to reciprocate when they gave me the Tshirt to say goodbye.
I was happy because people were finally asking questions about me in a non-competitive environment and seemed genuinely interested. And I felt like there was a good bonding moments and food-adventure time, even though I choked the squid down and didn't try the blood stew.

No comments:

Post a Comment