Monday, October 15, 2012

Rushing back to Manila

We left for Manila around 10 PM and got to the hotel around midnight. I was, of course, exhausted--and left my passport in the taxi.  The taxi brought it back and I was relieved--though I received it at 1230 while in my pajamas in the new hotel. They rang my doorbell at the hotel and the guy at the room next to me tried to answer the door, if that tells you how easily sound traveled in the rooms.

I spent the next day resting and regrettably sat out on the tour that the other two Americans took with the other vendor. I was just too tired and spending 4 hours in the van just wouldn't work. Plus I was spending the day in the room to keep sleeping in, with a mango milkshake and breakfast in bed. I guess that was one of the few times I ordered room service. It was labor day weekend--so we had Monday off--and I was waiting to pick up my friend Michelle from the airport. Michelle and I hadn't seen each other in about 3 years, but she was willing to travel to Manila and I was willing to have a visitor from the states. She crashed in my hotel room and I sent her to Boracay for a few days because there's more to do there than in Manila. Michelle and I went to Greenhills--or maybe she went there alone. I can't remember. I remember that I failed at giving her any type of official tour because I was focused on getting ready for work and sleeping--and our schedules were backwards. The work week flew by and when I was awake, Michelle and I tried to catch up. Our lives are different--single girl living in Seattle/married girl in Minneapolis.

No comments:

Post a Comment