Saturday, December 22, 2012

Then a miraculous event occurred

I have an abundance of PTO left for 2012. Didn't use it earlier in the year because I kept worrying that I'd go on bed rest or something terrible would happen and I would need the time off. With 8 days left in the year, I'm safe.

So I begged my coworkers to let me off early on Friday afternoon and hitched the train to the Mall of America.  (yes, I evaded fare. This was bad of me--but I can't find my metro transit card right now. Yikes!)

MALL OF AMERICA! Let there be no secrets about it. I love the MOA. My mission: Buy the nieces and nephew a Christmas present. Buy Dan's siblings a Christmas present. Complete my Groupon purchase from "The Body Shop" and buy the famed sacroiliac at the Maternity store.

I completed these missions. I even got a 30 minute foot massage. I started it as a 20 minute massage but as soon as the guy started with it, he said "20 minutes is not enough for you. You need 30 minutes." While I fell straight into their clutches with the up-sell, it was divine.

Dan's siblings are getting some instant bread-mix again from Williams Sonoma. (By far the most hectic store in the mall)
Dan's nieces are getting some clothes, makeup and silly stuff from Claire's and some other stores.
Dan's nephew is getting a book called "5 reasons to punch a dolphin in the face" from "The Oatmeal" website. I feared this would be a bit too old for him, but he's in 7th grade now and has not been sheltered in this world by any standards. So I went with it. Buying stuff for 7th grade boys isn't really my forte, anyway--since I dont know his clothing size.

I have a new makeup compact and two lip balms from The Body Shop. And this magical Sacroliac support band.

This thing is seriously magical. I feel like I've gotten back to my old self. It feels amazing, like a giant hug for my lower back.  I can stand again! I can walk again! I'm not exhausted by standing! I wish I had purchased it so much sooner instead of waiting for the hospital to mail it.

Dan just put the baby crib together--we brought it home last weekend from my coworker's house. Wonderful! It just needs a crib mattress.

No comments:

Post a Comment