Friday, May 6, 2011

CBOE!

Guess who's spending her whole weekend on CBOE.com? Went to the complex option trading class today. I thought I'd be OK, but I left feeling like the dumbest person in the universe. The strategies I can figure out. The approval levels I can figure out. The reason behind the strategies? I hope I can remember them.  My coworkers that understand it intrinsically just spent tons of times on OptionsXpress.  This goes way beyond covered calls and married puts.

It took me a few minutes to figure out that you were covered when you short a stock and write a put. It took me even longer to remember that you should look for people who are naked the long contract for a month on some calendar spreads. I hope I can remember this when it comes down to the wire.  And then I got caught wondering if someone long a put has to sell or buy shares. Duh.

In reality, I won't be spending all weekend on this. I'll be raking leaves for old people and getting ready for  a rad party. The surround sound is ready! The record player works! Congratulations on graduation,  Dan.

No comments:

Post a Comment