Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Osama bin Laden

Osama is dead. I found out while riding in my car. My friend called to laugh because she thought it was Dan's birthday, not mine, and she had just figured out that it was MY birthday, not Dan's. Then she mentioned, excitedly, that Osama bin Laden was dead. I snapped on the radio and stayed glued until we got home and could watch TV. I was pretty excited. I'm a liberal but I'm with the conservative hawks on this one. In the past 18 months, I read the 9/11 commission report, details of people on both of the planes before they crashed, 9/11 survivor stories and stories of people who were trapped inside the buildings above the impact zone and their calls to their family members. I've watched the videos of Americans kidnapped in Iraq and beheaded, (which has nothing to do with Osama, I realize), and I've read 2 books that spotlight real Afghanis living in Afghanistan before and after 2001. 

bin Laden is a terrible person.  I feel zero remorse for celebrating his death. He felt no remorse when he plotted attacks on the US, US embassies and USS Cole, Yemen hotel bombings, US military training facilities in Saudi Arabia. He openly encouraged people to attack Americans in the streets. Then his followers tried to bomb Times Square, several airplanes, the NY subway. 

I just have to say that whomever feels any remorse or misgivings about celebrating Osama's murder must be better people than me. I just feel joy.  Rot in hell, fucker.

No comments:

Post a Comment