Saturday, May 14, 2011

Lois Lowry

Having loved Lois Lowry growing up, I went searching for a Judy Blume book today and realized that I had confused the two authors a bit in my mind.  Whoops.
Now that I have the two separated, I'm debating on a few things.
1) Should I bother to read "Wifey" for book club? It's a little too passe for me now, 2nd wave feminism stuff is interesting when you're talking to people in real life, but not so interesting to devote my free-time to it. Maybe I should read this to gain appreciation for women that suffered in country club duties before me, but I think most of America has moved on.
2) Should I read the Giver trilogy? For one, I didn't even know it was a trilogy and now I see that there are more books to the series and I'm curious about what happens.
3) Should I bother to read the last few Dark Tower books? I'm not in love and the synopsis didn't do it. Answer to this question is probably no.

Which leads me to my 4th question: WHAT SHOULD I READ?
Right now, it's a book about what motivates terrorists.

PS. Lois Lowry has a blog and I get to see what her house is like and what her life is like. I almost wish I could see this growing up.
http://loislowry.typepad.com/lowry_updates/

No comments:

Post a Comment