Saturday, January 21, 2012

The thing that I *CAN* do before I turn 30

Lose 30 lbs. It's going to be hard. It's going to be ugly. I'm going to be hungry. I'm going to have to change.... A LOT.

I've been counting my calories. I've been going to the gym. I've been making healthy choices. I've given up alcohol.  What I haven't done, though, is given up some of the hard stuff.

This week, I ate a big brownie and ice cream. (It was low fat and stuff, but that doesn't matter)
Yesterday, I ate a huge amount of fattening and fried tater tots at the bar with my friends.

Those things pushed my calorie count way, way up for the day. I sort of justified the brownie because I'd burned a ton of calories at the gym that night.

But I have 14 weeks before I turn 30. At 2 lbs a week, I can do it.
Rah rah, oh la la la.

I hit some new speed records on the treadmill this week. I feel great! 

1 comment:

  1. Keep it up! And don't worry about the brownie and tator tots! If we don't allow ourselves treats every once in a while, we end up overdoing it even more! If I can do 30 lbs., so can you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete