Monday, February 20, 2012

For the secret offerings of your heart, which we offer now in silence

Do you ever  remember that part of Mass, where you pray for everyone and then you get one quick, brief prayer during Mass, for your secret intentions of your heart?

What should one say when their friend is happily, effortlessly pregnant?
"I'm so happy for you! Congrats! Which room, where, how, office, parents, etc?"

And then the other part: You just tried once and it worked?
I am about to go to the doctor and get a full ultrasound of my reproductive organs.
You found out 3 days before with the test?
I take my temperature every morning to know when I'm ovulating.
You get to start decorating your baby room immediately?
I gave up the idea of the baby's room and turned it back into a sitting room.
Your boss is giving his old crib?
I have a baby crib in my basement...waiting since 2010.

Oh....yeah. You can't really say any of those things, espeically if you spent your whole teenage years and early 20s saying that you don't want children.

Haha, life is funny sometimes. I have no need to complain, for I have everything I've ever wanted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment