Monday, February 13, 2012

Ryan the Lion

My baby brother came up this weekend for a visit. We took him to Fogo de Chao, Mall of America, bowling, Chipotle, Caribou coffee,  and  the running store in Lakeville and then Leann Chin.
I'm pretty sure he had fun and I was sad to see him go. We spoiled him like crazy this weekend and paid for EVERYTHING.
I really don't mind at all because he has no one in his life who can take care of him right now, so the kid needs some kind of support.

The weirdest part of the weekend was at the bowling alley when someone took his shoes. Who takes a men's 8.5 pair of sneakers? No one wears that size at all. Who takes someone else's shoes, period? Or doesn't bring them back? We made an announcement, searched the whole bowling alley (and 16 people were searching with us)  and ended up just walking out in the bowling shoes after leaving our phone number. "Please call us if someone turns them in."
I knew I couldn't send Ry home without shoes, so we used a groupon for running shoes that we had. Dan will forfeit his groupon this time and let Ryan use it.

My new pair is pretty cushy. I love having a lot of support and sponginess to my run. I'm going from Nike to Saucony, but I have to break my shoes in for the 16 week countdown to Madison Half Marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment