Sunday, November 11, 2012

A weekend, uninterrupted

For the first time, EVER, I made no plans for the weekend. I went to Friday Night Happy Hour, and saw all my favorite coworkers.

But I had no plans for Saturday.
No plans for Sunday.

This is rare, usually we'll call someone or do something or blah blah blah, but this time, I was just not interested. Yes, I would love to hang around my house all weekend, watching Downton Abbey and reading a lot of books and cleaning.

Could be because our week went something like this:

Monday: Birth Class
Tuesday: Vote, Celebrate our 8th Anniversary (!!!), Tour a bunch of daycare centers, eat fancy dinner and then get into our movie-ticket-preview thing.
Wednesday: Matt and Kim concert
Thursday: Spin class & lots of exercise (which really wiped me out for Friday)
Friday: Happy Hour

And after 2 days, uninterrupted, I am feeling rested & happy.

Dan bought a HUGE bouquet of flowers for me on the Anniversary. We have some solid leads on daycare and I am no longer TOO scared of birth. (Birth class glosses over all of the complications) Life is mostly great.

My great-uncle just passed away, after a long, long battle with pancreatic cancer. I'm sad--I had some good times playing cards with him while I was a kid/pre-teen. I know they're having a hell of a card game up in heaven now, though, all of the family that has passed away is playing Progressive Rummy. And Jack is mad that he lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment