Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Neil Patrick Harris Sucks

Yep. I am not a fan.

Except for like the 12 seconds where he appears in Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle, and I only like him there because that film is hilariously delicious when you really want White Castle. Wait. No one ever really wants White Castle.

At any rate, today I am 30 weeks pregnant, which means the baby is 75% ready to come out. Which means that I am excited and also not entirely sick of being pregnant yet, like I will be at 36 weeks, when the baby is 90% complete.

I don't know what it will be like when I can't feel her kicking all the time.
 Hannibal Lecter: Tell me, Senator: did you nurse Catherine yourself?
Senator Ruth Martin: What?
Hannibal Lecter: Did you breast-feed her?
Paul Krendler: Now wait a minute...
Senator Ruth Martin: Yes, I did.
Hannibal Lecter: Toughened your nipples, didn't it?
"Amputate a man's leg and he can still feel it tickling. Tell me, mum, when your little girl is on the slab, where will it tickle you?"
--Silence of the Lambs

While I realize that's the creepiest movie ever to relate to pregnancy, that's how I feel.  Attached and bound forever and ever, not until only age 18 or 21, but really, forever, until I am rotting in the ground.  These 9 months endear you to a foreign creature wholly. Oxytocin, a series of amino acids made into a protein, which all hormones are, makes you love the foreign creature, and nurture the entity that will soon bleat and stare at you incomprehensibly for 3 months until she learns how to smile and recognize the units who provided her life.

And her name is Esme, a French name, though no one in the family is French.  






No comments:

Post a Comment