Friday, November 2, 2012

I needn't have worried

Oh, no need to worry. There was no response to my email at all.

Dear self,

You don't need to worry about it at all. Just keep carrying your little baby and, to quote the movie Se7en, "You love that baby every single chance you get."

Or it went something like that.

And, to quote Se7en again:

Morgan Freeman's charactert: I just don't think I can continue to live in a place that embraces and nurtures apathy as if it was virtue.
Brad Pitt's character: You're no different. You're no better.

 Morgan Freeman's character: I didn't say I was different or better. I'm not. Hell, I sympathize; I sympathize completely. Apathy is the solution. I mean, it's easier to lose yourself in drugs than it is to cope with life. It's easier to steal what you want than it is to earn it. It's easier to beat a child than it is to raise it. Hell, love costs: it takes effort and work.

No comments:

Post a Comment