Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hell's Kitchen


After shaking off the grogginess I felt from waking up a full 2 hours earlier than I'm used to, we got out of the hotel and over to the office, perfectly on time. It was pretty nice to have the skywalk, since it was raining and only one person was smart enough to bring an umbrella. (not me)


So we trekked 2 blocks, walked into the office and sat down. The security group was not expecting us. They couldn't find the names of any of our managers. Word from the first group was that it could take 1 hour for someone to come down to get us, so we waited for another 20 minutes. THEN we realized we were at the wrong building in downtown Minneapolis.
Duh.


After a bit more navigation, we made it to the new building, a bit late and a bit damp. Everyone at the office was pretty awesome, and this year we get to participate in the Employee Giving program. Lame though it may be, I was stoked for this part, since I didn't get to participate last year. Perhaps I should get out more. Which of course, we rectified by going out.... to
http://www.hellskitcheninc.com/


We all got a gift certificate to Hell's Kitchen. Some people have been here for 2 weeks and not used their cards, but I used mine tonight. I feel a bit foolish, since that's my nicest restaurant card. Not everyone likes this place, but I thought it was a combination of Disney's Haunted Mansion and a semi-biker bar.
I managed to come home and run for a full 20 minutes on the treadmill, 2 miles. After 1.5 mimosas. The .5 was part of my employee giving plan. ;) My home is that I'll get back into shape while I'm here, and that I'll finish 2 books and try to be really prepared for the new job. So far, on track, mimosas and all.


















No comments:

Post a Comment