Wednesday, September 22, 2010

So lucky

Ever feel so lucky that you don't deserve it?
I feel like that now, all because a computer program was smarter than me. Way smarter. It solved all of my problems.

I feel like I'm really stupid most of the time, that I'm inefficient, ineffective and a waste of space, that my promotion was just a good dream and my boss will come back from Czech next week and say, "sorry, you suck." My coworker is so much smarter than me, it seems so unfair that she knows things that I don't, that she remembers things that I can't. I just have to try harder, yet I can't imagine trying harder than I do now. It's all in the small stuff, I guess. Here's hoping....

2 comments:

  1. You are so not alone. I always feel like I'm one assignment away from my boss finally saying, "OK. We can't keep faking here. You are an abomination." But I think it's that feeling of your best still not being good enough that keeps you on your toes. I'd rather feel like this than be arrogant and overly self confident.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I took a step back from the office today to regroup and realized everyone that I work with is feeling like this. We're getting questions from left field all day.

    ReplyDelete