Monday, September 6, 2010

Teaching?

I was about to blog about how tired I feel, but I am guessing that's just lame and no one wants to read it. But I do feel terribly tired. Normally I can suck it up and do more, but I feel like there is no "more" inside of me right now.

http://motherjones.com/politics/2010/09/back-to-school-dc
I just read this story about the DC children in school and laughed about the teacher's "reeducation." Trying to understand what the kids are saying is a chore in itself. I felt that way when I moved to KC and started riding the bus. I had no possible CLUE what people were iterating near me, and now, after 3 years, I hope I can decipher most of it. I hope this somehow makes me a better person or somehow gives me an edge in the future, but that might just be wishful thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment