Thursday, September 9, 2010

Working like a.....

Chinese hooker!

That's a stupid Celebrity Jeopardy joke, gotta love Burt Reynolds impersonators, right?

It's true, though, I've been working tons of OT. And they just asked if we'd be interested in more OT for next week, including Saturday. I said no to most of it, except for the Saturday part. I'm looking forward to the extra paycheck.

We're thinking about keeping the house and letting some of our friends rent it, which would solve every single possible problem in the entire globe. The only downside is that they might not like the house much since we only have one shower and not so many people like to take a bath in the clawfoot tub daily. Trust me, Dan and I did it for about 6 months. While the bath part is nice, something about sitting in hot water doesn't make you want to rush out the door, invigorated and excited about your day at work! Man, being in Japan was awesome. You could take a hot bath every night, provided you didn't mind reusing the same person's bathwater. It sounds gross, but it really wasn't. THey always let me go first.

And once in Japan, they opened an entire bathhouse to me and let me bathe in it myself, privately. It was salt water and with marble tile everywhere. Sometimes I can't really believe that I did that, so long ago. Wishing I was a bit more mature at 15 to have understood the culture shock phenomenon and not to have been sick with asthma.

Anyway, speaking of mature, I'm not so very excited about certain things taking place back in DSM right now. I guess it's relieving to know that there are more psychotic people in the world than myself? I cannot change them, but I also can't be nice and supportive, either. Some people clearly haven't read the book "How to win friends and influence people." Alas, life goes on and I'm sure that by this time next year, I won't remember what veiled references I was making here, but rest assured it's my family, and none of you, dear friends.

Soon I will make a boring to-do list and everyone can read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment