Sunday, September 26, 2010

Taking stock....

It's no secret that Minneapolis is cold. Really cold. Someone insisted to me that it would be about -60 for a few hours there this winter, and not just in windchill, but real temperature. Then they said it would warm up to negative 10. I laughed a little bit. Negative 10, I've seen that plenty of times. Negative 60. Never. I don't believe we'll see that temperature in Minneapolis, but perhaps in Northern Minnesota.

Needless to say, we decided to buy some long underwear and sweaters for the winter, plus I'll need to dress up every day for work and try to be warm. Brr. So today, I bought 3 sweaters and a warm pair of gloves at Eddie Bauer. I have a few warm winter coats from Iowa, but I've found that most of my stuff is for the grungy winter, not for the classy, corporate winter. Will have to dress appropriately up there, complete with puffy, furry hats and skimasks. Hope to send you photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment