Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Flowers at work

Ring Ring
This is the florist calling. We have a delivery for you!

Me:But it's not even my anniversary. Or my birthday? I turned to my coworkers: Do you really think someone would delivery flowers to me TWICE? (earlier this year I had a mysterious delivery, which later revealed itself)

So I went downstairs and there was the most beautiful bouquet of flowers of bright pink, bright yellow, deep purple and blue. All in vase, for me.

From the senior vice president.  For a job well done.
I went back upstairs and found 50 emails congratulating me for implementing a moment of the core values at work. And one email from the senior vice president, who sent an email to everyone in the building today telling them about my job well done.

The VP sends one message a week, and I was the good employee this time. She doesn't feature employees in her email messages very often, so I feel even more special.
But really, I was just lucky. The right person at the right time intersected with me and was happy. God bless them.

No comments:

Post a Comment