Saturday, June 4, 2011

MIT

My friend just got her MBA. From MIT. God, I feel stupid.

I'm having an mental debate between pushing myself to get my MBA and study or just resting for a little bit longer.


Reasons for MBA-

Tons of jobs in my company require it and my advancement opportunities then skyrocket
I would probably learn something
It would be mostly free through work

Reasons for not getting my MBA
studying for the GMAT isn't that much fun
I'd feel really stupid
I have to re-explain the classes that I failed while in my funk
I'd have zero--literally--zero free time
I'm still feeling pretty exhausted
I don't think I can handle the stress of it right now


That's it. I am beating myself up about the stress part of it. Having the mental debate about whether or not I should push myself and feel stressed out or if I should just enjoy life right now.  I definitely spent the last 3 years of my life living under a cloud of stress. Sometimes people mention an event that I was attending and all I can remember was feeling stressed out while I was there. Why? Because I knew I should have been working hard on something else that was either at my second job or volunteering.
Or I can't remember being there at all--and it's because I wasn't--I was back at home working instead.

Part of me wonders if this problem would just be resolved if I had a Xanax prescription. I think about going to the doctor sometimes,  it's been about 4 years since I last visited any type of doctor and about 6 since I had any type of exam.  I'd just beg for Xanax and explain my antsy, stressed out emotions. 

I don't want work to overwhelm my life but I also don't want to feel lazy and lame, either.  Someone just shoot me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment